Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back Again

Yes it has been awhile since I last posted and yes I could list all of the reasons - pre and post holiday events, Disney World trip, houseful of company, retreats, personal sewing, business sewing, etc, etc - but I won't do that.  Suffice it to say, I'm back!!!  I will try to be better and more timely with my posting, but I'm not making any promises!!!! Sometimes life has a way of just plain getting in the way!!!

I've been much better about sharing on Instagram and Facebook, so many of you have seen what I've been working on - both business and personal quilts.  I completed our new version of Harriet's Baskets (I'll share a photo when I have it back again) and it is off at the quilters and I've almost finished a new quilt - Lilly.  Lots of personal quilts, though.  

Why only 2 business quilts you ask?  Well someone, namely the designer - Paula - has been just a little busy for the past few months.  Paula sold her home and just recently completed the move.  She downsized (such an ugly word) and is still dealing with some unpacking.  If you have ever moved, then you know what she has been dealing with - rooms that are filled with the boxes that need to emptied in that room, but no place to move because of the boxes!!!!  She's sent some photos and it is really taking shape.  I know it is going to be just beautiful!!!  I'll be visiting in March, so I will take photos and share.

Sewing room - unpacked


Unpacking and set up has begun!!!
 
Right now she is on the road in Georgia.  She spent Tuesday and today with the Gwinnett Quilters' Guild in Snellville.  Tuesday was her lecture and a visit to Little Quilts in Marietta and today was her workshop on Regimental Star.  This afternoon she traveled to Cartersville, GA to lecture at the Etowah Valley Quilt Guild and tomorrow is her workshop on Star of the West quilt.  AND then finally on Friday she travels to Florida for our Camp Blanding retreat!!!  YAY, I get some much needed Paula-time.

Paula and Mary Ellen Van Holt (the other Mary Ellen) the owner of Little Quilts
Paula lecturing at the Guild.  That's our Glory Bound she's talking about!!
Guild Show and Tell and a beautiful version of Glory Bound.
Paula and Julie Boyer and her version of Long Road Home.  Another beautiful quilt.
There are some very talented ladies in this guild.  A special thank you to Becky for sharing these photos with me.

So tomorrow Phyllis (Silver Thimble Quilt Shop) and I will pack up my van and head off to Camp Blanding for 5 days of friends (180 quilters), fabric and food - the trifecta for a successful retreat.  Gloria Parsons of Olde Green Cupboard sponsors, organizes, plans and basically keeps 180 quilters happy for 5 days - it is truly a miracle!!!

2 of everything (remember, I bring all the equipment that Paula will need - sewing machine, tables, tools,etc) is lined up in my hallway and ready to go.  I have some personal projects - Bordeaux for my son and d-i-l -  and some business projects - Lilly.
Hope this is all going to fit in the van!!!  No suitcase or food bags yet too!!

Blocks and alternate block fabric for Lilly


Bordeaux for Brett and Mere - of course it had to be made bigger!!
My plan is to try and post from the retreat, but I'm going to have to use my iPad.  I've never done this before, so we'll have to see if it works!!  With 180 quilters there, I'm sure there will be someone that can offer assistance!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

PS - Just checked my Power Ball numbers - lost again!!! At this rate I will never be able to build my house on Pass-a-Grille Beach!!!  Any lucky readers??

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time at Camp Blanding! One of these days I am going to come.. Thanks for teaching me how to Instagram at Market I am loving it! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Ellen, great to read you blog, say hello to Paula! You can see my quilts on Facebook . https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quilting-by-Hanne/142996675733374

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to have Paula at our guild meeting on Tuesday and an even bigger thrill to take her class on Wednesday. I'll be ripping paper in front of the TV tonight, looking forward to sewing Regimental Star blocks together. That's my "Glory Bound" quilt from the guild Show and Tell. So excited to see it on your blog!! Hope you have a wonderful retreat. Linda

    ReplyDelete