Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Borders, Backing, Blogging and Packing

And did you wonder how I arrived at today's title??  Well, those were all of the things I had to get done today.  Borders on Market quilt #3, backing for #3, a blog post and last, but not least, packing for our trip to New York.  It's now 7:30 PM and I am writing my post, so that means I have accomplished #1 and #2, but still have the packing to do.  Not too bad for a day's work. Oh, and I even cleaned up my sewing room a bit!!!

We've been in heavy pre-Market mode since the cruise.  Paula's brain must be on overload!!  For every new collection (4 to be exact), she has come up with a new quilt design and that's not counting the 2 quilts I finished before the cruise.  My poor sewing machine is begging for a break, so it will truly appreciate our weekend in NY.

At the end of the last blog, I shared a picture of one of the new quilts on the floor of the Conference Center on the Navigator of the Seas.  That quilt (as yet to be named) is a Nine Patch featuring the newest fabrics added to Paula's Companions collection.  It is pieced and quilted and waiting for its glamour shot with the photographer.  Here's a picture pre-quilting:

Next on the list was Parker's Crossing featuring another new collection - R & B Tavern.  I worked on some of the blocks for this while we were on the cruise.  If nothing else, at least our quilts are well-traveled!!!  This one is off at the quilters for its custom quilting and then on to the photographer too.  Here's a picture pre-quilting:


And just recently finished is quilt #3 (as yet to be named) with Paula's collection - North Hampton.  It went off in the mail today for it's moment with the quilter!  And again, here's a picture pre-quilting:




I apologize for the pictures, but my design wall is behind my sewing machine and there's all sorts of "stuff" around it, so I can't get a very good picture of just the quilt.  I'll post the pretty pictures, with the quilting, when we have them back from the photographer.


Next on the list is quilt #4. It will be pieced from the newest of the new collections - Old Townhouse - and we doing a re-do of A Quilt for Alice.  I will be spending a lot of time at the sewing machine for this one.  It has to be pieced and quilted before we head to Market on May 14th!! Luckily, no photography needed  - it's a re-do!!

Patterns for all of the new quilts will be on our website after Spring Market (they should all have names by then too).  The fabric collections are arriving in your local quilt stores as we speak.  I'm pretty sure Companions and R & B Taverns have started to ship and North Hampton has a June 1st shipping date, so watch for them in your favorite store or online!

But before I start on quilt #4, Peter and I are heading to upstate NY to spend some much needed time with our son Brett, his wife Meredith and our 2 precious granddaughters Sydney and Julianne.  I've been watching the weather like crazy and it looks like cooler weather, but no chance of snow - thank heavens!!  We're also going to drive up to Vermont and visit with my cousin - she owns Vermont Kitchen Supply - a type of store I really don't have much experience with!!!

Well packing is calling and we have an early flight tomorrow.  Think I'll pack some hand sewing for the trip!!  I can't wait to share our new addiction!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

3 comments:

  1. Your quilts all look amazing and I can't wait to see all of the new fabric lines in person! Don't you just love this job!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help desperate high school teacher who desires to teach students hand quilting to create a quilt for civil war reactors to use as a tool to raise funds for restoration of civil war fort in Michigan. Email mary.wood@davincik12.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fine quilts, indeed. Kudos to you for making them. Here's to hoping that you've gone through the packing process well, preferably with your sanity intact. Hehe! Packing can really be laborious, but it is essential all the same, and should be given justice with as much good tapes and crates that you can secure.

    Clay Delgado @ World Packaging Inc.

    ReplyDelete