Wednesday, August 6, 2014

One of those days

I was talking to Paula this morning and telling her I wasn't feeling very motivated today and that I thought I would go to the movies - Diet Coke and movie popcorn are 2 of my favorite things!!  I did a few little things and then headed out to see the new Michael Douglas/Diane Keaton movie - "And So It Goes" - I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then I have always wanted to be Diane Keaton.  I love how she wears all white or black and white and just looks so good in it. I would say that's who I want to be when I grow up, but I think we're the same age!!

I think my lack of motivation was coming from my strange week.  Peter is traveling this week - 1st of 3 in a row - but that doesn't usually bother me.  It could be the fact that there is no one around here!!  My sister-in-law and her family (they live next door) are away for the week and Caitlin is on her first business trip (new job).  My only companion is Copper - Caitlin's dog!!  Now he is a beautiful dog and is very well-behaved, but I am definitely missing some adult conversation!!  I took Copper to the dog park this morning and I found myself talking to the other dog owners and wishing I could spend more time there.  I can't imagine what would have happened if I had gone to the grocery store!!!  Good news - Caitlin gets home Thursday, so she'll come and get Copper, but Peter arrives home Thursday night. Adult conversation is in my future!!
 
He loves going out in the car and this time we're going to the dog park - happy dog!

Copper loves the sun and will sit out here and sunbathe!

I've been keeping myself busy with a new quilt that Paula designed.  The fabric arrived last week and I really got into the piecing by Saturday.  The quilt is Soldier's Waltz and features Paula's newest collection with Marcus Fabrics,  Landon Creek - fabulous reds, golds and blacks. The quilt has lots of flying geese and half-square triangles. As a result of the flying geese, I was left with a pile of triangles (from the trimming).  I stitched them all up and now I have a pile of potential 1 1/2" unfinished half-square triangles.  I passed on the responsibility of designing something for these little beauties to Paula - after all she is the designer!!
Landon Creek
Just a couple of the flying geese I made this weekend.
My pile of half-square triangles - just need pressing and trimming!!

I've also been working on the SAL blog posts.  I want to be sure we have everything ready for you.  I've been stalking Pam's blog and reading your comments on her post.  Thank you for all of the nice things you've said about Paula and I and Red Crinoline Quilts.  We truly appreciate that.  Paula's post is Friday and it will be Block #2.  Have you signed up for receiving all of the posts by email?  I believe you can do that on all of the designer blogs.  We will also all have a downloadable version of each block available on the designer's blog post.  Remember we are each giving away prizes to 3 lucky winners; you just have to leave a comment on the blog.  Now isn't that easy!!  We have a few kits left, but they are going fast, so if you are interested click here:  Marcus Fabrics Friends and Companions Sew-Along kits.

Pre-Market frenzy has hit us and Paula has designed 2 new quilts in the past 2 days!!  Guess I'm going to be busy for awhile!!  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm taking a little break this weekend and heading to Gloria's for an old-fashioned sew-in.  She's invited a bunch of friends and we're heading out to the newly renovated bunkhouse at Tucker's Farmhouse for a day of hand sewing.  Can't wait!!!  Friends and I'm sure some good food - how can you go wrongg??

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

1 comment: