Sunday, September 6, 2015

Game Day Plan

It was a big day in the Barnes' household yesterday - day 1 of college football, but most importantly day 1 of SEC football.  These ladies (Paula, her mom, and Paula's daughters) are all avid SEC fans, but particularly Georgia, Alabama and LSU.  Paula wasn't going to sit and watch these games, no she was going to work while the games were on and she planned appropriately.  She set up her cutting table so she could see the TV!!!  I've always said she was a smart woman!

If you look closely at the TV in the picture, you can tell which game she's watching! Yup, that's the Georgia Bulldog.  At first I thought she was watching a dog show!!

The fruits of her cutting efforts are additional kits for our website inventory and Festival, but also a new kit on our website - Union Tents.  The kits include fabric for the top, backing and pattern (template included).  Paula designed this pattern using 10" fabric squares from her Historical Stripes collection.  You will even use these squares for a pieced backing!

Union Tents is the small one draped over the screen. Left-Tanner Legacy, Right-Sherman's March.
Now, I'm not a football fan, so my Game Day Plan involved Tim DeKay and Matt Bomer - yes indeed I am watching all of the past seasons of White Collar on Netflix and I am truly enjoying it!!  I spent the afternoon with some hot men and a new quilt for Fall Market from Paula's new Carolina Blues collection.  I'm about halfway done, so you know what I'll be doing this afternoon - after all, I still have 2 seasons to go!!  Matt Bomer also starred in Magic Mike and Magic Mike XXL.  I also have Monday afternoon planned - The Librarians marathon!!!  New season starts November 1st, so I have to catch up!!  Maybe I'll even be working on another new quilt - I have 2 or 3 calling my name!!  After all, it is pre-Market and Festival season!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

 

2 comments: