Friday, October 9, 2015

Tributes and Treasures

It's been a crazy couple of weeks since retreat.  I'm finally on the last quilt for Market and it will be in the mail to the quilter by tomorrow morning (that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!)!!  All sorts of quilts, quilt tops and other handmade items were finished and shared at retreat and I fully intend to share them, but it's going to have to be in a couple of days.  Right now it's finish this last quilt!!!

Ok, so why am I taking the time to write this post?  Remember in my last post I mentioned that we were going to be the guest bloggers on the Martingale Publishing Co blog?  Well, today is the day!!!  Click on this link and it will take you directly to the blog post: Stitch This!  If you would like to win a bundle of Paula's fabrics (you know you want too!!), leave a comment on the post in Marcus Mentions (Marcus Fabrics blog). We're everywhere today!!!



And just to complete the excitement, Tributes and Treasures is now available on our website!!! (Because we knew we would not be in the same state to sign these books, we signed book plates that Martingale designed for us while we were at retreat and an autographed book plate will be sent with each copy.) The books will be arriving today (thank you UPS) and Paula will begin shipping them out next week.  Why not Saturday?  It's Game Day Kit Cutting again!!  In addition to the books arriving, rumor has it that the fabric for 3 of the new patterns/kits that we will be introducing at Market and Festival will also be arriving - Bank's Retreat (Heritage Reds collection), Laura's Quilt (Carolina Blues collection) and Gettysburg (Latimer Farms collection).  It's going to be a busy day at the Barnes' house.  I just hope that the Georgia Bulldogs can win this weekend - I'm a little uncomfortable with Paula and a rotary cutter if they are losing - just saying!!  Go Dawgs!!! 

We will have autographed copies of Treasures and Tributes available in our booth (#1033) at International Quilt Festival-Houston (October 28-Preview Night and October 29-November 2). Stop by to pick up your copy and check out the new patterns and kits we will have available.

Paula and I would like to thank everyone for all the congratulations and kind words you've given us on our first go as authors.  Talk about a self-esteem booster. Thank you! And from me - a special thank you to my daughter Megan and her fiance Brian for the beautiful flowers they sent on Book Release Day.  You earned "favorite daughter status" on this one, Megan!! LOL!!

And now back to my regularly scheduled program - piecing!! I think I'll stop at JoAnn's on my way home from the Post Office and make sure Tributes and Treasures is at the front of the book rack!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Giveaway day! Had to run over and put my name in that hat.
    Can't make it to market or festival this year so I'm hoping you all make it to the Dallas show again. Maybe I can get my book signed then (because I will definitely have my copy by then!). Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete