Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WOW Wednesday I - 2017

I'm sure many of you thought we had totally dropped off the face of the earth, but actually we've been hard at work!  Ok, really just getting through the holidays and trying to get back on course! Fall Market, Fall Festival, WI Retreat, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's - whoa baby, that was rough! We've traveled, spent time with family and friends, and actually did some business stuff - kind of a miracle. But now it's 2017 and we're ready for a great year. We've got all sorts of things we're working on: new BOWs, new fabric collections, new quilts, new BOM, new quilts for a new book.  New BOM and new book will both appear in 2018, but we'll be working on getting them ready this year. Oh and I'm going to be a grandma again!!! Our first grandson will be making his appearance in mid-June!!  We're so excited!

We introduced WOW Wednesday last year and it seemed to get a good response from all of you, so we will be doing that again.  We're hoping that the up, close and personal pictures we are taking for these blogs are giving you a better look at the details in these quilts - fabrics, prints, colors and quilting.

Today's WOW Wednesday guest is Charlotte! Indigo was a new collection that Paula designed for Marcus Fabrics this Fall and we had a great time playing with it. Charlotte, James River, Creekside and Little Bear Paw were all designed using Indigo and they were all quite popular at Market and Festival.  Charlotte is actually a re-do quilt and we love it as much in Indigo as we did in it's original collection. Re-doing a quilt pattern allows  us to show you it's versatility.  Charlotte measures 83"x91", so it is a great bed quilt. It also features all of the fabrics in the collection - navy, blue, light shirtings and beige - and of course a pretty stripe. If you look closely at the pictures, you can see that Charlotte has an overall quilting pattern and it was quilted by Sharon Dixon of Katy T-Shirt Quilts.  Thank you Sharon.




Charlotte kits and patterns are available on our website:
     Charlotte kit                                                     Charlotte pattern

Paula sent me a surprise goodie package yesterday (I just love when she finds fun things that we both "need") and inside was the winter issue of Simply Vintage magazine from Quiltmania and low and behold our Vicksburg quilt is on page 84. I was home and not in my local Jo-Ann's when I found the picture, so I had to have my "celebrity" moment by myself. LOL! If I'm in Jo-Ann's, I get this stupid grin on my face and look around, hoping someone will ask me why I'm smiling like that.  Even better, I try to make sure I have my niece with me and she'll ask: "Aunt ME are you in any of these magazines?"




Vicksburg kits and patterns are available on our website:
      Vicksburg kit                                                  Vicksburg pattern

Vicksburg features Paula's Tavern Red collection and unfortunately the fabric is no longer available.  This is also a quilt that we have made a few re-do's and it has grown bigger over time - it now measures 80"x80". Sorry, no up, close and personal pictures on this one right now - it's still in France! Lucky quilt! Meanwhile I am totally in love with the red and white quilt on the front cover - Coronado by Shawn York for Rusty Crow Quilt Shop.  I think I need to add that to my to do list!

Don't go looking for a WOW Wednesday post next week - Paula and I will be in the middle of the Caribbean on the Stitchin' Heaven Civil War Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. Paula is teaching (I'm teaching assistant, gofer, and all-round fun person), along with Denise Lipscomb of Common Threads and Connie Tesene of Country Threads. I think this is the 3rd or 4th cruise we've done with Deb Luttrell and Stitchin' Heaven and we are looking forward to another fun week! I'll be taking pictures and posting on FB as we travel along, but I will blog about our trip when we get back home. I'll be working on a quilt for our new book on this trip.

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

4 comments:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete