Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Traveling!

Paula is heading out tomorrow for Dallas and the 2017 Dallas Quilt Show. She'll load the trailer and drive to Dallas on Wednesday, and then set up for the show on Thursday. The show opens at 10AM on Friday and runs through Sunday.  Be sure to stop by and say hello. We always love to meet our loyal customers!

Dallas Quilt Show 2017 
   "It's A Charmed Life"
   Dallas Market Hall
   Dallas, TX
   March 10-12, 2017
 
Getting into the warehouse and touching the fabrics to do the inventory, sparked Paula's creativity! She has created all sorts of re-do quilts (and still has more planned)! I've spent the last couple of weeks getting some of these new quilts ready for this show, so be sure to be on the lookout for these newbies.  The pictures I'm sharing are pre-quilted and just pressed and hung on my design wall, so use your imagination!!  They have all been quilted and bound now and look absolutely beautiful!
 
Bordeaux - one of my favorite quilts and originally done in Paula's Bordeaux and Sienna collection, is now re-done in reds and browns.  I'm also sharing a picture of the yummy fabric we used in the border.
 

Pinwheel Triangles - one of the new RCQ Favs #4 patterns.  Originally pieced in fabrics from Paula's Davenport Gardens collection, is now available in burgundys and greens.  The beautiful border was the driving force behind the quilt. The original kit sold out at Festival in the Fall.  It is super easy, but looks so beautiful.

I've also completed a new version of A Quilt for Alice and Simple Star, but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them.  Paula will have kits for all of the new quilts, as well as many of the quilts we showed at Festival in Houston in November - Old City Gate, James River, Charlotte and Creekside. Kits for the Festival quilts are available on our website, but unfortunately we haven't added the new re-do's yet.  If you are interested in any of the kits, please email me at: info@redcrinolinequilts.com and I can take your order.  We certainly don't want you to miss out on anything!

I'm crossing things off my To Do list and slowing emptying my 2 bins of kits (personal and business), but things keep arriving in the mail that need to be added to the business bin. (It might be time to keep Paula out of the warehouse for a little while). Look for a new version of Harriet's Baskets to be appearing soon. The new Claret quilt is done and it is ready for it's moment at the quilters.  As soon as it is available, I will post pictures too. It will probably make it's debut at Market in St. Louis this May.

The sewing machine and To Do list are calling my name, so I had better get busy!! I think today I'm working on some personal sewing - our Pinwheel Exchange. The blocks are due in September, so I'm trying to do a little each day.  I hate the total last minute rush to get things done. I did have a "shiny" moment though today when I was ready a friend's blog and she shared her Magic of Christmas quilt.  Hers is almost done and mine is in my personal To Do bin and I think it's calling my name too.  All these voices are killing me!!! LOL

Until next time, happy quilting.
Mary Ellen
 

1 comment:

  1. Red Crinoline is the reason I am going to the Dallas Quilt Show on Saturday. Will head to your booth first. Sorry you won't be there. Hope Paula has help.

    ReplyDelete