Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cruising update

Well, you know how much Paula and I love to cruise and I believe I mentioned our upcoming cruise for 2015, but now I can share Paula's projects with you.  We are cruising on the Carnival Magic with Rose Ann Cook (owner of Quilters Emporium in Stafford, TX) on February 1-8, 2015.  The ship departs from Galveston and we stop in Key West, FL and Nassau and Freeport in The Bahamas.  The time frame on this cruise is just perfect - these 3 wonderful ports in February!!  The weather should be glorious!  Think about joining us - I can guarantee you will have a great time - food, friends and fabric = FUN!!!  Click here for the brochure with all of the pertinent details!


Now let's check out Paula's projects:  both of the machine classes will be minis (Country Spools and Primitive Doll Quilt).  This means you could probably go home with finished projects - don't you just love that.  The third class will be on the latest rage - English Paper Piecing.  Paula will teach her method and share the latest projects - Lucy Boston's Patchwork of the Crosses, 6-pointed Star (Sheryl Johnson's Fussy Friday quilt, and Grandmother's Flower Garden hexagons.
Country Spools
Primitive Doll Quilt

Lucy Boston block, 6-pointed stars, hexagons and jewel stars

If you can't join us on the cruise, but would love to get started on some English Paper Piecing, check out our website for the  Lucy Boston Starter Kit and the 6-pointed Star Starter kit.  If you are on Facebook, check out the page "I've Been Hexed and I Like It" to see what everyone is talking about and for some inspiration!

After my venture into baby quilts on Sunday, I decided to continue and try some clothing sewing.  Now this is something I did years ago for myself and my children and I have all sorts of fabrics I've purchased over the past 6 years for cute dresses, etc for my granddaughters, but I never seem to find the time.  I figure I had better get going on it before they are too old for "grandma-made" clothing.  I bought this beautiful fabric as a backing for my niece's t-shirt quilt and it was just calling my name to be skirts for the little girls.  They needed tutu's also, so I placed my order for tutu's (they came from China!!) and Tuesday was skirt day.  I hope you don't think I'm bragging, but  I have to say I think they are absolutely adorable!  I made one each for my 2 granddaughters and 1 for Paula's granddaughter (she's always appliqueing something for me).

And today it is back to Market quilt sewing. I'm working on the 2-color quilt.  I finally have all of the components for the blocks done and I can start putting the blocks together - YAY!!!


If today is Thursday, then tomorrow must be Friday and Week 6 of the Marcus Fabrics Friends and Companions Sew-Along.  Nancy Rink of Nancy Rink Designs will be presenting block 6 and I think you are going to love it.  We thank you for your wonderful comments and are so glad you are enjoying this program.  Remember you can join us at any time.  All of the instructions for the previous blocks are available in downloadable/printable form on the designer's blog.  You can use your own fabric and at the end of the program we will ask you to share pictures of your completed quilt tops (no pressure here) or you can purchase a kit from us.  There's 4 left, so hurry and get one!!

The sewing machine and the 2-color blocks are calling my name!  Time to turn on Netflix to Season 2 of Breaking Bad and get some sewing done!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment