Monday, April 9, 2018

We're Traveling

Did you ever have one of those days when you just didn't feel like doing much of anything? Well, today was that day for me. My house is totally quiet - which is kind of strange because last week we had a houseful! Son, daughters, spouses, grandchildren and dogs - 10 people and 2 dogs - and now they are all gone! That's probably why I'm feeling a little out of sorts, but the mail just came and it has all changed and it's thanks to a box from Country Sampler of Spring Green, WI.  What's in the box you ask?  Why fabric, of course!

Let me take the story back a little bit and also explain the title of today's post - We're Traveling! Paula is teaching at Country Sampler's Grand Olde Flag event in May and I'm going with her!  Teaching assistant, quilt holder, needle threader, you name it, I'm it. There is no way I'm missing out on a trip to Jeanne's place! (Look out UPS - you're going to have some big boxes to ship in May!)

First some details on the event: click on the link and it will take you to the Coming Events section on Country Sampler's website.  Page down until you come to the section on Grand Olde Flag for more info. Call to sign up.  We'd love to have you join us!
May 7-11, 2018
Country Sampler, Spring Green, WI
Teachers: Paula Barnes and Carol Hopkins
608 588-2510

The color theme for this year is Indigo and Gray and that's why I'm so excited now.  Paula will be teaching two of her newest designs: Indigo Star and Irish Chain (RCQ Favs #5) and we are redoing them in indigo and gray fabrics that Jeanne has selected and I get to make the new samples!! These are the fabrics that you will receive in your kits, if you sign up.

How about some details on the quilts:
  Indigo Stars is 24"x24" and originally featured fabrics from Paula's Indigo Blue collection.


These are the fabrics that will be used in Indigo Stars for the Grand Olde Flag event

 Irish Chain is 35"x35" and it is one of three patterns on RCQ Favs #5 and it was originally pieced in fabrics from Paula's Bristle Creek Farmhouse collection.


These are the fabrics for the new version of Irish Chain

It's been a busy month or so around here.  In addition to having a houseful of company last week, I just got back from 5 weeks in Australia and New Zealand! Absolutely fabulous trip and I'll probably need to go back some time and visit all the places we didn't get too! I'm looking forward to spending some time with my old friends, my Bernina 440 and my TV (I have a lot of DVR'd shows I need to catch up on)!  These two new quilts fit that bill perfectly and can we say yummy fabrics!!

If you can't come to Wisconsin, but would love to make these quilts, we have kits available in the original fabrics.  Click on these links for patterns and kits for both quilts:
   

Hope we get to see some of you in Wisconsin.  If you've never been to Country Sampler, it's time you checked it out.  It's like being in Quilter Paradise! I'm still working my way through the kits I purchased the last time we were there!  Definitely boosted the Wisconsin economy on that trip!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog, all the information is provided nicely and really a good site to read. I really admire your work, and thoughts, I also have a blog where I share the tutorials of programming to help the students to learn new programming skills, please have a look at it Four JavaScript examples for free and do suggest me to improve it.
    And keep posting the best articles, I am regular visitor of your site.
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete