Monday, July 8, 2019

NY State of Mind

After 2 1/2 days of driving, Peter and I arrived in upstate NY on Tuesday afternoon. I thought I would fill the days with binding, but the roads were just a little too bumpy and I couldn't psych myself up to work on them. They are a Christmas quilt and a St. Patrick's Day tabletop, so I've got plenty of time! Totally not looking forward to the return trip!

We're staying in a great house that is just up the road from Oneida Lake. As I'm writing I can look out the window and actually see the lake. It was 65 with no humidity this morning, so I even enjoyed a nice walk. It's a perfect spot for sunsets too. By Wednesday morning I had my sewing "area" all set up and ready for some sewing. Only downside, no cable! Knowing I need TV while I sew, my brother-in-law graciously set up a TV, indoor antenna and blu-ray player for me! I am good to go for some intense sewing time. And by Wednesday afternoon I had already made my first mistake! I bought along seasons 2,3, and 4 of Outlander and apparently I was concentrating just a little too hard on Jamie Frasier and pieced 4 blocks incorrectly!
My cute little home away from home for the next 2 weeks.

The duck family that visited the other night during sunset.

Oneida Lake - very calm this morning.

Sunset.
As good as home!

Yes, that is Outlander on the TV! You can even see the blocks set out incorrectly!

Oops - guess I should have looked a little more closely at the pattern.

Peter has been safely delivered to Buffalo for the Erie Canal Bike Ride. I dropped him off on Saturday and he's already finished the first 2 days! I spent yesterday on our re-do of Jubilee Celebration using Paula's new Chatham Row collection with Marcus Fabrics. I fixed those wayward blocks and pieced half the quilt!! I should be able to finish this up tomorrow. It will need a border, but I'll add that when I get home. This is the 2nd quilt that we are making with the Chatham Row collection. Ancient Stars is a new quilt and both the pattern and quilt kit will be available on our website soon. If you've looked carefully at the fabric, you may recognize the prints and especially the border print. Chatham Row is a recolored version of Paula's Baltimore House collection and I think you are going to love it!

Ready to ride!

One half of the new Jubilee Celebration

Ancient Stars - check out that beautiful quilting in the alternate blocks!




Jubilee Celebration has a lot of 9-patch blocks (cornerstones) and I was doing some intense chain piecing, but I did get up at some point and when I came back I saw this neat ring on the floor. Isn't it amazing how that happens and you don't even plan it!

Well, the sewing machine is calling - and the rest of season 2 of Outlander!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen














5 comments:

  1. Jubilee Celebration is a wonderful quilt, I just love those 9-patches in the corners. I really had to giggle when I read your comment about Outlander and Jamie. We just marathoned all 4 seasons...now I'm having "Outlander withdrawal".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary Ellen - you aren't far from me! My daughter lives in Brewerton and I live in Tully. Enjoy your vacation. Going to be HOT tomorrow so stay cool! Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you please post a picture of the Jubilee Celebration quilt made wit Chatham Row when you finish the top? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be fate, my husband just found out about the Erie Canal ride last week and I happen to pick your quilt to look at! We are in Wisconsin and he would like to do it taking our motorhome. Your quilt is beautiful and did your husband enjoy the ride?

    ReplyDelete