Monday, August 12, 2019

Reasons to Celebrate

It's a boy! It's a boy! Please join me in welcoming Paula's new grandson, Walker Alexander Green. Walker was born on July 15th and is Paula's 3rd grandchild (2nd boy). Mama, Daddy and Walker are all doing well. 
 
Amy, Alex and baby Walker


Mimi (Paula) and Walker

Walker, sleepy like the beautiful baby he is - 3 weeks old

It's a book! It's a book! We are so pleased to be able to share the cover for Martingale's new book, Blue and White Quilts.  We are so excited to be included and can't wait until we have pictures of our quilt, Tree of Life, to share with you. Blue and White Quilts will be released December 2nd.

Paula spent time with Walker and his family after he was born and then she headed to Florida for our July retreat at Camp Blanding. This retreat arrived at a perfect time. We spent a lot of time planning quilts for Fall Market and Festival. Paula has a number of new collections that are just starting to arrive in shops and we planned some new and re-do quilts. Needless to say, my hands have been itching to get sewing on them!
Full van! Probably could be an ad for Thirty-One bags and Tutto!

From the side and looking back. Water and snacks are also important!

No room in the back for my suitcase. Luckily Paula didn't drive over with me.




So, until then, I've been working on our Hill Country Heritage BOM quilt. We always make 3! The first one we make while Paula designs it; number 2 and number 3 are made from the actual pattern and it is how we edit the pattern. I make one quilt and our good friend, Phyllis Anderson, makes a 2nd quilt, then we compare notes on the editing. If you haven't seen the quilt yet, here it is. Shop kits will be shipping to the shops that are participating in the program in September, so you should start seeing posters and maybe even some of the blocks very soon. You hope you will sign up with your local shop or an online store and join us in this program - starting date, January 2020. Hill Country Heritage is made from the collection of the same name - Hill Country Heritage. The fabric will also be available in your local shop in November. Click here to see all the fabrics in the collection: 
   Hill Country Heritage
Hill Country Heritage

It's Florida weather time - thunderstorm in the late afternoon. I'll finish up so I don't lose this if the power goes it!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh many congratulations to you all. What a cutiepie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable.Congratulations to all the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete