Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Marcus Fabrics Friends and Companions Sew-Along Photos

Now I know that I did promise that I would post the SAL pictures about 2 weeks ago, but it seems that life has gotten in the way of my blogging again - go figure!!  I honestly thought that I would have nothing to do the weekend before my family descended on me for Thanksgiving besides blogging, but I must have been ill, feverish, delusional, or just plain nuts!  Everyone was here (oldest daughter from Louisville and boyfriend; son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters from upstate NY; and youngest daughter - who just happens to live in town) - that's a total of 7 additional family in our house that usually holds 2.  And all I can say about it is - it was wonderful!!  They are all back home again and the house is so quiet.  I have managed to finish all of the wash, remake the beds, and put the towels away.  

But without further ado, let me share the pictures of the Sew-Along.  I only have 7 for now, but if you finish later, please send me the picture and I will share it at a later date.  The comments from these 7 ladies were wonderful and so kind.  We are all so glad that you enjoyed our very first Sew-Along.  The pictures are the exact pictures that were sent to me - I didn't crop, edit or touch up in any way.  Congratulations to the ladies who submitted their pictures - your quilts are beautiful.  I love how so many people choose their own fabrics also - little stash reduction I'm guessing! Enjoy!
Barbara Leyland from New Zealand

Marja Veldthuis-Kluy from The Netherlands

Heather Gunter

Kathy Wagner of Ontario, Canada - waiting to add 2 borders

Kris Searle

Susan Gilbert

Ursula Yeo

I don't think I've touched a piece of quilting fabric since my last post.  I did a quick repair on leggings for my daughter-in-law and hemmed a couple of pants for myself, but basically it was family time.  Today I organized some stitchery - 6-pointed star blocks, tea towel to be embroidered, and Santa cross stitch to take on our 2 very long flights tomorrow and next Thursday.  Peter and I are going on a Viking River Cruise on the Danube River. We start in Nuremburg, Germany and finish 7 days later in Budapest, Hungary.  We love cruising, but it is usually on ocean-going vessels; this is our first time on a river cruise.  The highlight of this cruise is the opportunity to shop at the Christmas Markets that are set up in the towns we visit.  I'm so excited!! I'll share details and pictures when I return, but right now it's time to go pack!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip, ME. Want to hear how you like a river cruise. Merry Christmas to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip.Any of these quilts are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful quilts! Thanks for the fun sew along!

    ReplyDelete