Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WOW Wednesday II

Up today on WOW Wednesday II is one of my favorite quilts, Kennesaw Mountain. We've actually made this quilt twice.  The newest version featured Paula's Hampton Ridge collection and is in our book Tributes and Treasures. Kennesaw Mountain measures 92 1/2" x 921/2"  - yup, square quilt, a Paula favorite.

I always joke that I have a special program, "Quilts Without Borders" and that I would prefer to have Paula design quilts without borders - face it, they go together faster!  If I didn't have to add borders, I could finish a quilt faster and be ready to start another quilt sooner!  Paula does love a pretty border, though, so most of our quilts have at least 1 border.  I do get quilts without borders, but I know that at some point I'm going to get a quilt with multiple borders to make up for those no border quilts and Kennesaw Mountain is one of the quilts.  4 borders - 2 plain, 1 pieced and 1 stripe that screams "miter me." And they are all needed to make this quilt beautiful!

Kennesaw Mountain features custom quilting by Marcella of Crooked Creek Quilts in Greenwood, Arkansas. Here's some up close pictures of this beautiful quilt.




The pattern for Kennesaw Mountain is available in our book, Tributes and Treasures, which is available on our website. Check it out - 12 patterns featuring 1800's reproduction fabrics. We also still have kits available for this quilt on the website. Kennesaw Mountain

I don't think I talked about our kits last time. Each of our kits features this Exclusive Kit label and it insures that the kit includes the same fabrics that we used in the actual quilt. You won't find substitutions in the fabric.  In a total scrappy quilt, we will substitute color, but that's it.  We understand that if our customers have selected a kit, it's because they want it to look like the actual quilt. Other shops may kit our patterns, but we are they only ones that use the Exclusive Kit label! 

Has everyone made their 1st block for the Fall Mystery Block of the Week? I love reading your positive comments. Don't forget next Monday will be block 2.  At this point I am still making kits on an as needed basis, so if you are still thinking about ordering a kit, please place your order.  Fall Mystery Block of the Week kit

If you're making your blocks using your own fabric, please share pictures with us.  We would especially love to see your finished projects. Here are Dottie's and Lynn's blocks.  Aren't they beautiful!! Great job ladies!


Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

 

1 comment:

  1. I have so many favorites among my RCQuilts, but this one is a top 5 among my favorites. I have the kit and it screams Make Me, Make Me, every time I open the closet. :)

    ReplyDelete