Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WOW Wednesday IV

Last week and it's crazies are finally over and we've moved on to a new week.  At least I'm managing to write the WOW Wednesday blog post.  I was heading to bed last Wednesday night when I realized I had forgotten to write our blog post!  It's still a little crazy around here, but I'm working on the last quilt we need for Market and Festival. It should be done tonight and in the mail to our quilter tomorrow. Finishing it required outer border fabric and backing fabric; both of which were in a box that Paula shipped to me on Saturday. We tracked the package and sure enough it was stuck in the North Houston postal center. It was on track to be delivered today, but mail isn't delivered to my home until late afternoon. I was so desperate to get it and get the quilt finished that I drove around my neighborhood until I found my postal woman!! Little did I know that my neighborhood is big enough to have at least 5 different postal routes and how do I know this you ask - I met at least 4 of the drivers today!

Let's get to today's WOW Wednesday feature - RCQ's Favorites #3.  For the past 3 years, we have introduced an RCQ's Favorites pattern at Fall Festival in Houston. It's 1 pattern that contains the directions for 3 small/mini quilts. We also make kits for each of these small quilts.  Patterns are available for RCQ's Fav's 1 and RCQ's Fav's 2, but today I'm focusing on RCQ's Fav's 3 and it's kits.

Spinning Star Wall Quilt measures 25" x 39" and is shown in navy and brown - 2 of my favorite colors! The backing is also included in this kit.
                                                Spinning Star Wall Quilt kit



Friendship Star Quilt measures 49" x 49" and this lovely French Country styled quilt features fabrics from Paula's Companions collection  -  country blue and gray.


Leftover Stars Quilt measures 28" x 28" and is probably my favorite. The fabrics are the light browns and blacks from Paula's Davenport Gardens collection (also one of of my favorite collections). Backing is included in the kit.


Our dear friend Pat and I pieced these quilts and the beautiful quilting was done by Cathy and Pat.  We call on Gloria's daughter Heather for the photography and staging for these little quilts.  I think most of the staging is actually done at Gloria's house with her treasure trove of antiques and vintage items.

I've finished the 3 quilts that will be RCQ's Favs #4, Pat has quilted them and Heather has photographed them, so be sure to watch for RCQ's Favorites #4 on our website in November.  You're going to love these little quilts too.

You're probably wondering why I had to finish that quilt by tomorrow when there's still a couple of weeks before Market - well, we're leaving for NY on Friday and will be there for a week. It's time for some family time and hopefully some cooler Fall weather and colors!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment