Friday, September 14, 2018

Richmond BOW Video 6

Thank you for your patience as we struggle through the technical issues involved in producing a video! Steven Spielberg we're not! Just when you think you have it right, it goes and does something crazy, like running in slow motion for no apparent reason!! But without further ado, here it is, Video 6! This is the last video for the Richmond BOW program and it focuses on the steps for finishing your quilt top. Here's the link and you know the drill!

We will leave these videos on our website for awhile, so if you haven't had a chance to watch them or started and don't have time to catch up, they will be there for your convenience. If you are just getting started and would like to purchase a pattern, complete kit or starter kit, we still have some available.  Click here to place your order:

         BOW Kits and Patterns

Did you notice the change in the backdrop in the last video? Some segments were filmed in Paula's studio. You got to see a little bit of where the design magic happens.  Maybe someday we'll do videos of each of our sewing rooms. First, we would have to make sure they were clean!!
 
I'm finishing up my 3 weeks of travel with a visit to Louisville, KY. My son-in-law is in Belgium with my husband and two of my brothers-in-law as they tour WWI battlefields where their grandfather fought.  One sister-in-law calls it the "War Tour", but my son-in-law calls it the "Beer, Battlefields and Bikes" tour. Whatever you want to call it, they are having a great time and I'm enjoying my time with Megan and my grandson Adam. Little Man is just adorable and keeps me laughing. He still goes to daycare during the day because I've needed the time to work on a quilt for Fall Market! In addition to my regular suitcase, I hauled a sewing machine and sewing projects with me. Let me just share a couple of pics of this little cutie!

Yes, that is a strainer he is holding! He loves his kitchen utensils, but strainer is his favorite. Great for a quick game of Peek-A-Boo, too

Paula designed a number of quilts using her Baltimore House collection and I'm working my way through them. Baltimore Baskets and Baskets of Stars focused on using all of the fabrics in the collection, but the next two quilts feature 3-4 fabrics each. I brought the Blue and Brown quilt with me and I'm proud to say that the top is done, except for the borders! I'll be home Monday afternoon and should be able to add the borders pretty quickly and then it is off to the quilters! Up next will be the Pink and Green quilt.
 
Four patch blocks - I made a lot of these for this quilt
All those great four patch blocks in some big blocks

A couple of weeks ago I shared the picture of the Little Debbie's Fall food, but today I have the real Fall food - Pumpkin Spice bread! Now this is what Fall is all about - anything pumpkin.  I know there are many of you that look forward every year to the arrival of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte, but coffee is not my thing.  I need a good carb and Pumpkin Spice bread does it for me! I suggest cream cheese as your topping!


Many of you may have received an email today about our November 2018 retreat at Primitive Gatherings Retreat House in Menasha, WI.  There are only a couple of spaces left and we would love to have you join us - the more the merrier! You can't guarantee much in life anymore, but I am confident in promising that you will have a great time - quilting, old friends, new friends, shopping, eating, and of course laughing. What more could you ask for!! The retreat house is a fantastic location for teaching, plus you will have the opportunity to shop at some of the finest quilt shops around - Primitive Gatherings, JJ Stitches and Country Sampler. For details, cost and registration form, go to:

For all of you in Florence's path, please stay safe! Heed the warnings and follow the evacuation mandates and suggestions. 

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete